Friday, July 2, 2010

California Speed Card Game

Friday, July 2, 2010
Matthew and I learned how to play a new card today -- maybe some of you have already played it...
It's called California Speed!  It took me awhile to figure it out!  You all know I hate reading directions... so after reading the directions and not "getting it," I ran to Youtube!  And that was much easier to understand after watching 3 times!  Then we tried it!  FUN!!!!  It taught Matthew to be more observant and to be quick or I find all the matches and get rid of all my cards first!  (No, I am NOT one of those parents who allow my child to win so he or she doesn't cry!  Tough love, baby! :))


Jenna, Morgan, and Ethan were busy doing this:
A dinosaur exhibit for E --

The zoo -- with a spaceship exhibit (wouldn't THAT be cool?!)
Then they made cards for Olivia who is vacationing in Washington:
All this and it's not even lunch time yet!!!!
These two beauties decided to open up a restaurant:  (MG is a dwarf (not Snow White!) next to Jenna!  Heehee)
... and boy was the kitchen a busy place!  I was full from the food and service coming from every direction.  

After lunch MG and Jenna played a few rounds of California Speed and then we tried a few games of Spoons.  MD is still trying to get the hang of holding his cards so it was hard for him to keep up.  This is another fun game to play -- time flies!  I am still searching for MG's Mancala game.  We love it!


blog comments powered by Disqus