Friday, July 2, 2010

Swim Lesson #4

Friday, July 2, 2010
He's only had four lessons with Candace and look what he can do!  I was so excited for him!!!!  (You can ignore the fact that E is telling me he has to go pee while I am recording this!  I was too excited to just stop what I was doing.  I wanted to see him finish that!) 

(I removed the video to make space for more photos)

Afterwards, we went home for lunch and then met up with Danielle and her girls at Happy Hollow Park and Zoo.  Marailee was going to bring the boys but they changed their minds and celebrated Nikash's actual birthday at home.

After the merry go round (without MD and MG), all the children agreed to go on the Frog Hopper.  D agreed to go on the ride with the children.  They were all smiles the entire ride!
And here's a video of them on the ride:

Matthew had a melt down after this ride.  He wanted to ride fire engine #10 in the Mini Putt Putt area.  He ran looking for the number 10, by the time he found it, a mom had ran for it as well and put her son in it.  He was so devastated that he cried the entire time (during the ride) and wanted to leave.  I made him stay on.  Life is just that way -- it can't be perfect and you can't always have things your way.  (Although I wanted to yell at that mom for doing what she did knowing that MD wanted to be on that engine.)  After about 15 minutes or so, he finally got over it -- vowing to never go on THAT ride again because it was "boring."

We went on the roller coasterafterwards where Ethan and Matthew rode on it together for the first time.  I was not able to take photos because I was so annoyed that MD was still crying which then caused E to cry so I forgot and left my camera in the stroller with Morgan. (She sat in the shade with Danielle and Lily.  MG does NOT like the roller coaster).  So I was standing in line with Brianna and 2 crying boys -- and plenty of people looking at me and laughing.  I laughed with them but it was annoying!

We had a relatively "easy" day -- just 2 visits to the post office and 1 visit to Costco in between swim lessons and park play date.

Tomorrow I am packing for a camping trip with the Yeh/Bui family!

blog comments powered by Disqus