Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Sunday, April 4, 2010



These are some of the cards the children made for Jim, Clare, and Corinna... They are excited to go over to Jim and Clare's today to celebrate Easter!




This morning (thankfully, MD was up first and I was able to convince him to lay down with me until 7:45... Then he was so loud EVERYONE was up!)  This is why he was so loud...  (quickly glance down and then look back up to allow me to finish  my thought)  Now for your info, I was NOT planning on buying this -- we had recently spent an evening with friends and their children had these.  So, he asked and asked and since he wrote that very nice letter to the Easter Bunny...  (I am a sucker for a child who is willing to write his or her feelings down on paper!)  I gave in because Vince didn't think it was going to harm anything by allowing this item in the house.    Anyway.. new item to sleep with now!  (But he still loves his bear blanket and puppy.)


He woke up last and was trying to truly "wake up" and figure out what was going on!

Then he got into it!  Morgan is reading her note form the Easter Bunny.  She is shocked that he knew her tooth was loose!  Imagine that, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny know each other!


Then they were off!  (I made them wait until Ethan was up and was able to look trhough his loot before they hunted for eggs.  And they waited patiently.)   AS you can see here, she has no problem shoving her little brother out of the way to reach her 22 quota first!  (To ensure fairness, a limit is always given.  In the end they share their reward of chocolates, but it's more enjoyable when they help each other reach their final number.)


He was so proud when he discovered these!

He was just excited to be able to finally hunt those eggs that he's been eying since 7 in the morning!


Happy Easter!  More excitement to come....

So it's now almost 10 PM...  We went to Jim and Clare's and had a fabulous time!

Some eggs she had on display:




They played in the "toy room:"
He remembers this being his favorite when he was younger... he loves revisiting some of these toys whenever he sees E playing with them:
This is Lukas' sister (5 mon), Marieka and Mom (my mom, not hers!):
Then we ate lunch.  I made this (it's the one in the big white bowl at the front).  I think I will use plain sundried tomatoes next time, rather than the sundried tomatoes with herbs.  And I did not have red wine vinegar (but I was pretty certain I had it in my pantry!), so I used balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  It was okay...  What did I tell you about me liking to cook but not really following exact directions!
Finally the egg hunt was on!  It had to be indoors because it was pouring rain today!
E found an egg in Kathy's hood!!!


Morgan's proud because she's fast and her bucket is getting full!
Working together... but not really....
Now checking out the loot!  Yahoo!!!  She is mighty proud of her collection.  Years of experience has sure paid off!
They were finally rewarded when we said, yes, you may have some chocolate eggs and whatever treat you collected!
And so did the adults!  I made this (it was good...if you like tarty treats (is that a word?  It is now to me!).  I used lime rather than lemon because mom has a lime tree.  I wonder now if lime is more tart than lemons.)  
My dish is on the square beige platter -- a wedding gift from Kate's mom, Mrs. James.  Thanks again Mrs. James!
And we all had some time to chat... about people who tweeter, do facebook, and blog.  "Where do they find the time?!"  That was what everyone was asking.  I sat quietly and then explained that I find the time because I cannot scrapbook.  This is my way of remembering for the children.  I will eventually make this into a bound book for the children!

While we chatted, the children went back into the playroom and played some more... Star Wars, anyone?!  Will he ever get tired of this????
He and Jim finally worked on a wood puzzle together...  That kept his interest for about 10 minutes!

Before the end of the evening,Clare gave each child a new toy to play with:

What a great day it was for everyone!  We hope yours was full of laughter and friendship too!


blog comments powered by Disqus