Monday, April 12, 2010

Julia worthy????

Monday, April 12, 2010
After watching Julie and Julia, I have been craving this.  So, with Matt's help this morning, I was able to make a variation.  As I was cooking, I realized that I did not have red wine on hand - just port... so I used a little of it.  I also used Shitake mushrooms which was expensive -- but oh so yummy!

Sadly, I had to strain everything but the beef to get the liquid out:
Once strained, I cooked the remaining items (beef, mushrooms, pearl onions) on the stove top until Vince came home:
The mushrooms were a wonderful addition!
I cooked some Penne pasta for the children but had some myself, along with crusty bread for dipping.
It was delicious and I will make it again -- but will follow the recipe a bit closer.
Bon Appetite!

blog comments powered by Disqus