Friday, April 16, 2010

Olivia's 7th Birthday

Friday, April 16, 2010
In addition to a store bought gift that she requested, I wanted to make Olivia a few extra special handmade gifts...She is receiving an American Doll from her parents, so I made her these for her new baby:
A carrier:


A skirt -- because it's all I know how to make right now!  ;)
And a hair clip for either herself or her baby.  I found the tutorial here.  Instead of ribbon, I used the same fabric as her skirt and mei tai.  (Do you love my model?  E was more than willing to try it on and even smile.  But I told him I just needed his beautiful hair!)


Her reaction:


Her birthday party at Almaden Lake Park:

Melinda made this adorable cupcake cake -- full of dirt, earthworms, and flowers!  It was a big hit!







Then they were off to play!
Everyone decided it was getting hot and needed to get wet...


Oh my!!!






What a FUN day!!!!!


Thanks for having such a fun birthday celebration Olivia!

blog comments powered by Disqus