Monday, August 30, 2010

And she's off to Second Grade!

Monday, August 30, 2010
We were nervous -- she was not... and in the end, she was just fine!

Saying goodbye to Uncle Jim and Aunt Clare....

And the boys she's been dying to escape ALL summer!  :)

Quick photo with Mommy:
And off we go!  Jim and Clare offered to watch the boys so she and I could go off on our own this morning.  I also had a parent orientation/coffee to attend. So it was great to be on our own!  E is still in his PJs!
And she's off!
This is her school -- Blossom Hill Elementary School.  It's a K-5 grade school.
Baby girl looking at her class bulletin board:
A close up -- can you find her name?
Isn't she so cute?  We picked out the entire week's outfit already...
She's heading in with her class.  This little girl in front of her ended up crying and didn't want to go in!  She's probably the outgoing girl in the class and really isn't very shy at all!  :)
She's looking for her desk:
Still looking:
Teacher to the rescue:
As i was leaving, I had to snap one last photo... She was a bit teary eyed.  After the coffee with the principal, (whom I met and was a JOY to speak with!) I saw her again and she was happy as can be!
I am so proud of her.  It's not easy starting a new school after making friends in Kindergarten and First Grade.  Friends are important to me and I know she feels the same way.  I know she will be fine!

Stay tuned for more photos of her first week!  And this evening - an update of her first day's experience!  New school, new teacher, new friends!!!!

Afters chool we all went to pick her up, MD, E, Clare, and myself.  She came running towards me with a huge smile on her face... and a small cup of Skittles!  Hmmmm.... sugar at the end of the day -- smart teacher!  :)

This is her teacher, Ms. Jenelle Dini.  She is new to Blossom Hill School this year.  She seemed really nice when I briefly spoke with her in the morning.  Morgan seemed to like her very much.
She didn't have a lot to say this afternoon.  SHe just said she had a fun day!  I am okay with that.  :)  She apparently made a friend and they had lunch together.  But then the friend found an old friend and left Morgan by herself during lunch.  :(  I guess she said she sat on the bench with her lunch box the rest of the lunch recess.  :(  But she didn't seem sad about it.  It was just a statement she was making.  So I don't think she was affected by the afternoon incident of sitting on the bench by herself.  Tomorrow, I suggested that she ask her new friend to introduce her to that friend so that they could ALL play together.  We'll see how that works out.  Overall, I think she had a good day and will enjoy this teacher and the new school.

blog comments powered by Disqus