Thursday, May 13, 2010

FINALLY -- it's OUT!!!!

Thursday, May 13, 2010
During her last visit to the dentist on January 12, 2010 we found out her two top front teeth were loose.  By Easter Sunday -- yes, April 4, 2010, we were certain it would finally come out.  But it did not come out.  So she wiggled, she jiggled, she tugged,and she pushed with her tongue to the point they were getting blisters and canker sores!  We were all getting frustrated -- SHE was getting frustrated!

We joked around with her that we should tie her tooth to the door and slam it shut.  Or tie her tooth to the car and have her run after us as we drove away.  She kept laughing at us and screaming, "NO!!!!"  So the last couple of nights, I have been brushing that particular tooth really hard after dinner.  Then I would wrap gauze around it and wiggle it some more... nothing happened!

Tonight, May 13, 2010 while wiggling it with gauze, I asked her if I could just try tying a piece of floss to the tooth.  (Like her friend Cassie's dad did with Cassie's tooth - with little success I think)  She agreed!  We went to the bathroom, she sat on the sink counter, I tied the tooth with floss and tugged.. NOTHING!
Well, there was something... her screaming at me!  "Ow, that hurt!"

Then she giggled...so I asked if I could give it one more try.  She agreed!  Wow, she was agreeable tonight!  She kept her lips tight for awhile though....  So knowing that this was my last chance tonight, I gave it my all -- and guess what?  It went flying out of her mouth, out of the knot of the floss(!), then  landed in the sink, and went directly DOWN the DRAIN!!!!  We all watched it -- MD, MG, and I!  I screamed -- NO!!!!!!  But it was too late.... it went plink! and then was gone!  We were shocked it happened...  It never crossed my mind that it would happen like that.  I assumed that it would stay on the floss!

So she was disappointed that her tooth was "lost", but she was glad to be finally rid of that darn tooth!
Here's one happy girl:


You can see that her adult tooth is already making its way out!


Then she promptly sat down and wrote this:

I can't figure out how to turn this...  She wrote:

"Dear Tooth Fairy,
I lost my tooth tonight.
But it fell down the drain when my mom pulled my top tooth out.
Love, Morgan Quach"

The reason why she felt it "necessary" to state that it was her top tooth was out was because she was "told" by some source (Melinda!) that the top teeth gets more money from the tooth fairy.  She was going to write, "please, may I have $2 since this is my top tooth?"  I suggested she not write because getting money from the tooth fairy is a treat and a good surprise.  So she ended the letter immediately!

So, that's that!


blog comments powered by Disqus