Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pizza My Heart

Tuesday, May 25, 2010
May 12, 2010 --  (I know, I know!!!  I am a bit behind in some postings!  Bear with me as I back track)

This was the best field trip EV.ER!  I don't know how MG felt about it... but I had a BLAST!   (She really had a great time!)  Down the street from the school is this wonderful pizzeria.  We love their pizzas -- Vince refuses to eat anywhere else!  Other places are "doable," but Pizza My Heart is at the top of his list.  MG's class was lucky enough to be invited on a field trip.  Actually, the entire first grade classes were invited and took turns going.  Today was our day.

Barbara is the owner.  Upon arrival, she introduced herself and told the class a little bit about the place.  Then she proceeded to...

hand out T-shirts for all the students!  This will double as their aprons.
This is Morgan's buddy Navaeha -- they met in Kindergarten.
Barbara then told them about the oven temperature...
and the pizza dough...


She even demonstrated!

This is Dorothea.  I'm sure you have seen her before.  She's a cutie and a friend of Morgan's.  She (with the help of mom, ahem!) answered the trivia question -- what was the speaker's name?  Barbara!  So, she was asked to come up and "help!"
I thought she did a great job!
Then Mia came up and did some fancy tossing too!
A professional came out to show us how it is really done!  He was awesome!  My camera could not capture his many tricks.  Just trust me on this one, okay?!
The best part finally came... they were able to make their own pizzas!
Sauce first:
cheese next:
pepperoni and olives -- no thanks to the pineapple though.
All done!!!
They all had lemonade while waiting... then came the cooked pizzas!
HOT but delicious!!!!
They were nice enough to make a few pizzas for the parents too!  Thank you so much!!!!
What a great field trip, right?!
Makes you want to visit this place, huh?  Why not?  If you live near one, go for it!  This is a great place -- and they give back to their community.  What more can you ask for?  I owe them a thank you letter... better get to it!

MG wrote this in school:

"I enjoyed three things about the Pizza My Heart Field trip.
First, I liked it when the pizza dough fell on Brandon. Everyone laughed at Brandon because it fell on his head.
Next, I liked it when someone did pizza tricks with the pizza dough.  I thought it was awesome.
Last, I liked it when I made pizzas.  I put olives, cheese, and pepperoni.
I love Pizza MY Heart!"

blog comments powered by Disqus