Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day (to me)

Saturday, May 8, 2010
MG wrote this in class:

"I love my mom for three reasons.
First I love my mom because she helps me do my homework.  She helps me do my book report.
Next I love my mom because she lets me help do the garden.  She lets me help plant the vegetables.
Last I love my mom because she taught me how to make my bed.  She helps me out the stuffed animals in their places.
These are the three reasons I love my mom."
Her class made pen flower pots for their moms... hers sort of fell apart when she tried to "fix" it for me.

Her Daisy troop made this:

If you look closely, you will see that she is wearing her Daisy uniform!  Ha!  I thought that was very clever of her!  The purple flower is a paper holder type of thing -- it has a huge clothes pin glued on that huge popsicle stick.  It is very cute!

MD's card said this:
"Mother Dear
Can you guess
Who it is that
Loves you best?
I'll give you three guesses
1-2-3
There, I knew
You'd think of..."
And when the bag was opened up... I saw these 2 handsome faces:
Yes, while E was in the class for the 5 minutes when we dropped him off, Mrs. Gardner managed to grab a photo of him and made a flower for him too!  (Told you she was great!!!)

More to come....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope all you  mommies out there had a lovely day!  I certainly did...

Vince and Matthew were VERY busy in Clare's kitchen!
Corinna was an awesome help to Vince!
Matthew did  a lot of work assembling the baked eggs and he enjoyed every minute of it!
Vince cracking more eggs:
to assemble these lovely "baked eggs"
In the other room, Jim is keeping Mom and Clare entertained with a slide show of his hometown in Amburg, Germany.
They are patiently waiting for the popovers to... pop over!
After the table was set it was boom, boom, boom.... no time for photos!  A few minutes later, a group of very satisfied people sat very still at the table -- too full to move!  Great job Vince!!!  Thank you for a delicious Mother's Day brunch!

blog comments powered by Disqus