Wednesday, March 3, 2010

106.3 fever...

Wednesday, March 3, 2010
With the wonderful gift of strep throat!

I knew I wasn't feeling well.. but really?  REALLY???  106.3 fever?! Now that my brain has had time to function and really read into this... I don't think he really said 106.3  Perhaps he said 100.6 or 100.3?  Whichever... either would be better than 106 right?!  Otherwise, I would have been admitted, no?  I probably should be admitted anyway!  Ha ha!  Anyway... I'm trying to rest!

 I finally sucked it up and visited the doctor today... I dropped in on the way home after dropping Morgan off at school.  That lump in my throat just didn't feel right!  I sat down and said to the nurse/medical assistant checking me in, "I am fine, I am just checking to see if it's strep throat or not.  Now do what needs to be done and get me home to my boys!"  They did and sure enough... strep throat.  The doctor asked me what I was taking for my fever.  I said, " nothing, I don't have a fever."  He said, "your temperature is 106.3."  "Oh, really?", was my reply.  "I guess I should take some Tylenol?!"  He didn't say anything.  As you can guess, this is not my normal doctor's office.  We no longer have Kaiser so I went to a clinic "on the way home."  Thanks for the referral, Grace.  I must say their bed side manner was less than desirable, but I was in and out in an hour -- with antibiotics in hand.  (Within a few hours I was already feeling better -- that antibiotic stuff is great!)

Now I am home...  Gosh, I could sure use the rest!  But two boys are screaming for me now.. anywhere else, that would be a welcome gift.  Music to a mother's ears even.  But in my house these boys are asking for a person to read to them or climb on!  Or make lunch... hmm... sleep, listen to their scream, or suck it up and go to them...  Option #3 -- here I come!!!  (in slow motion of course, because my head is still throbbing!!!!)

And when Morgan comes home... the promise of baking chocolate chip cookies.  Am I crazy or what?!





blog comments powered by Disqus