Wednesday, March 10, 2010

He and I were at it again

Wednesday, March 10, 2010
My sous chef and I were busy making dinner tonight.

Cooking the carrots, onions, and garlic:


While we were cooking, Morgan was the photographer -- she wanted me to have a closer look at Matthew's work:

Almost ready... see the chicken ready to have this mixture set on top of it?


Mushrooms are waiting for his magic touch here...

There he goes:


Everything in? Yep!  Now in the oven for an hour...

They enjoyed the meal while I took off for the hospital where my uncle has been calling "home" since Friday evening!  He is doing better... but still waiting for results of his biopsy to figure out why his stomach is inflamed and he is in pain.  I ate this delicious dinner when I came home later in the evening, after taking my aunt home.  She had been at the hospital all day with my uncle.

My only complaint about this dish is that I used the wrong pan.  Using a nonstick pan did not give it the extra flavor that should have accompanied this dish if I had used a stainless steel pan.  It's the extra "stuff" that gets stuck to the pan and then gets scraped up that gives it the extra flavor this dish was lacking tonight.  I also added extra red pepper flakes because I love them!  Oh, I substituted Shitake mushrooms for the white mushrooms that she used.

We will have this again -- and I will use the right pan next time!

blog comments powered by Disqus