Friday, February 5, 2010

Cajun Meatloaf anyone?

Friday, February 5, 2010
I discovered a new blog to follow and I am loving her recipes!  Tonight, we had cajun meatloaf ( we had her chicken parmigiana recipe a few days before):

Here are the ingredients (and a bag of trash on the side -- whoops!  had to put the veggie parts somewhere!)

the smell was yummy!
while that was cooking -- we worked on the ground pork and ground turkey
my sous chefs:
add breadcrumb to the veggies:
add beated eggs to meat mixture:
mix, pour into pans (she molded onto a sheet), add topping (honey and ketchups) and in they go!  (I'll spare you the details of my hands getting pretty dirty and messy!)  The right one is for Jim and Clare (Jim is having shoulder surgery Friday morning.  The other one is our dinner tonight)


We had this with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.  My only comment --I think it had too much salt.  I will go easy on that ingredient next time!

blog comments powered by Disqus