Friday, February 5, 2010

Learning new skills!

Friday, February 5, 2010
Becky has mentioned this place to me MANY times but we never had the opportunity to go with her.  We finally went with Danielle, Brianna, and Lily, along with Braden and Lori a few weeks ago.  So, it was a  no brainer when we thought it would rain this week and we wanted to get together.

We headed over to Silver Creek Sportsplex!  For $5 a child (2 and over) they can jump themselves silly (for 2 hours).  However, the bonus of going during the weekday when everyone else is in school -- we were not limited to 2 hours!  The children jumped, climbed, slid, until they collapsed and begged to go home.  Fours hours later.... we headed home!

This is what Ethan learned to do today:
So - this is the bottom -- see how high that is back there?
Off he goes!

Remember, I am not helping him...




Almost there!
Here he is at the top!  Yahoo!!!!!  No images of him going down since he wanted me to slide down with him too!

Phew!  I was exhausted after a few climbs  -- he was ready to keep on going!  Here's what Matthew did:

Okay, not sure if you can tell how high that slide is... but it is REALLY high and REALLY slippery when going down!  Oh my gosh, the climb up was a chore!  But I had to do it a few times because he insisted we do a few family ones -- Ethan, who was terrified at first now loves it and will go n his own as long as I watch him from the top.  Which means, I have to climb up there too!  (you all know me and heights.. not a lover of that!)

Now, the proud pose:

He was SWEATING by the time he finally stopped doing this!  Is it a great place to work out, let me tell you!  I probably should  look into a membership -- hee hee.. could lose a few pounds while they have fun!

blog comments powered by Disqus