Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Monday, June 21, 2010
We had an exhausting day Sunday... but I shouldn't complain since I didn't do any work!  Poor Vince.. what a father's day he had!
See what I mean:

Yes, the Sripatis joined us!  That's Srikanth trying to figure out what the heck to do with those oars!
And there he rows!  According to Marailee, while we were rowing away, Kiran and Nikash were yelling at Srikanth to catch up to us because we were getting away!
On our boat, the children wanted to have a go... so they did while we waited for the Sripatis to catch up.
They rowed in a circle!  (Better than I would have done, if i tried, I'm sure!  But I didn't even bother trying!)  Yes, I sat back and watched them power away at that boat.  I've never rowed a boat before and wouldn't have a clue how to begin!  So I let my Eagle Scout husband take the lead and row me safely somewhere out of the water.  I watched and took pictures.  Every now and then E came and sat next to me.  He didn't care to row so it all worked out!



Finally sat down for lunch!  It took the children a while to even sit down.  They were so excited to be off the boat!  Then they found sticks and began making fishing poles.  Of course, they tried fishing... and supposedly, they saw crayfishes too!  So they wanted to catch a few of those.  Matthew, upon hearing about crayfishes, had to tell the story of when he had pet crayfishes.. that he then ate for dinner!  Oh... that's another post!  I'll just tease you all about it now... This happened a t least a year ago!
They played:


These two became quick friends again -- so cute!
He did his usual thing:
They were even able to fish with this family!
Then back we went...for a tour of the island and surrounding coves...


Proof I was there too:


Upon returning our boats, we went for a mini-walk (they called it a hike!).  They played some more...
I love this man:
Our day ended with a yummy dinner at the Sripatis' house.  Although Vince worked hard rowing all day - I think he had a relaxing day with the children.  This was a wonderful place to go.  The weather was perfect and I really felt relaxed on the row boat!  We will do this again for sure!  I think Vince may plan a fishing trip for the next time.  :)
The children made him a book -- some great letters... pictures to come!



blog comments powered by Disqus