Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A better day and escaping the heat

Wednesday, September 29, 2010
He was excited to go to school today -- sort of.  He loves doing projects so we kept discussing the fact that he would be doing a new project today...  which made him happy.  Happy, that is until he walked into the classroom.  Then he turned to me and said, "I'm going to miss you Momma."  And he began to cry.  I told him that I would miss him too but that I would be back after he finished his project.  He said okay and waved goodbye to me.  His teacher carried him to a table to do an activity and he cried... saying, "Bye Momma" as she walked away from me and the front door.  My heart... can it break that many times in a week???  Thank goodness we don't have to do this again until Thursday.  My poor broken heart will have a day of rest and to heal...
When I picked him up, he was not crying!  He came running to me and pulled me over to the table where his project was!  I am so proud that he can identify his own name and show me his work.  This is what I was greeted with after 3 hours -- check out the smile on his face!
He was very excited to show off his puppy that he cut and glued together.  AWESOME!!!!  Mrs. Gavin said he did much better today... okay, only 20 more days to go!  (yikes!)

Then we escaped the heat by going to the library once MD got out of his class.  There's a 30 minute difference so E ate his lunch while waiting.  Then this is what they chose to do while we waited to drive off to pick up MG:

After picking up MG, it was still HOT... so we escaped to Matt and Leo's so they could swim!  MG decided not to swim so we finished most of her homework.  E and MD splashed for a good hour before we went home.  It was nice in the shade for MG and I.  When we arrived at home the children ended up playing outside because it was just too darn hot inside the house.
The rest of the week promises to be cooler... yay!!!!

blog comments powered by Disqus