Monday, September 20, 2010

The zoo, a swim, a few lost photos, and a postcard swap!

Monday, September 20, 2010
The boys dug for dinosaur fossils this afternoon... it was a successful dig.  Don't look for them on the front page news though -- the fossil was place there by the zoo developers of Happy Hollow Park and Zoo!  Oh, well.  We'll have to seek our fortunes elsewhere!
For some unexplained reason E cried today at lessons.  Don't know what happened. He started out happy as a clam while waiting for his class to start and could hardly stand to be out of the water while M&M were in the pool.  The second his teacher came to get him, he almost ran away from her!  But of course, I made him stay and walked away while he cried... but went to him after I showered and dressed the other 2 after their lessons.
M&M had a fantastic lesson today.  They are by no means great swimmers, but they are surely more confident now than they were last month!  I look forward to seeing their progression this year.  They worked on their free style and breast strokes, then ended the day's lesson with treading water.   Both were able to stay afloat for 12 seconds! I thought that was a wonderful goal to reach for them both.  I forgot the camera in the car, so these few photos were taken from my phone.  I use it a lot these days!
While uploading the above photos I found the following in my phone too!

Last Friday we hung out a bit at Jim and Clare's.  Look how the back yard is coming along...  Jim and I just moved that big slab of concrete onto the dolly.  It may look small but it sure was heavy!  He couldn't move it further so that's where it stayed until Saturday when someone stronger would come by to help him move it further away!  MD is surveying the work.  I think he approves!  Just get it done so he can play in the new building!  :)
Just so you know, MG is not at all a typical girl!  She loves being a girly girl... but she can also hammer and make as much noise as her brothers!  (Even while wearing a pretty girly girl dress!)
This is the dress she chose to wear for picture day at school Friday.  Jim and Clare bought her this dress for her birthday.  Uyen says it reminds her of Sailor Moon.  


I've signed up for a postcard swap -- something for MG and I to do together.  We were given the country of Egypt.  It sounds fun!  And you know what's cool?!  The example she gave was the from the country of Cambodia!  See here.  Anyone want to join us?  The deadline is September 30, 2010.  Go check it out here!

blog comments powered by Disqus