Monday, September 13, 2010

Swim lessons in Fall?

Monday, September 13, 2010
Yes -- because they requested!  How can I say no?  It's an activity I do not "love," so if they love it -- I am more than happy to accommodate their request.

So I had no idea that it was so difficult to find a year round swim school that was within our budget!  Our budget is pretty limited right now... so, although I really like AVAC, they are definitely not within our budget right now!  I tried calling a few other community centers but they were either closed for repairs, the season, and/or still too expensive... I finally stumbled upon a school that I remembered another mom from soccer class had casually mentioned...almost a year ago!  I called today and found out they were indeed open for lessons (year round)  but lessons start TODAY!  Wow, I had to make a decision without any knowledge of the school!  Since it was within our price range - I went for it!  MD was SOOOO ( I mean it!) SOOOO excited when I got off the phone and told him we were going to lessons after we pick up MG from school.  He was ready to load himself in the car right then and there -- it was barely 1:00!

Well, they went and they had a GREAT time!  AND the pool is heated AND indoor!  Score!!!!
Lessons were 35 minutes long with a 5 minute free play time at the end.  The pool was quiet.  The teachers seem nice.  They staff members are definitely really nice and professional.  So far, so good!

See for yourselves!
Their teacher's name is Brian.
MG

MD 

E with his teacher Danielle -- he was lucky enough to have a private lesson today.  We're not sure he will be this lucky next week!

I asked for a picture and this is what he gives me...
Why can't he be like her???  See how cute she is???
And then I tried once more... and this is so much better... right?!  Lucky me... I'm stuck with him for.. how many more years of this?! :)
Great day!  I walked over 13, 000 steps today.  The boys and I had a great afternoon around the house.  Then it was rush, rush, rush to get MG, go to swim lessons, shower them at the center, rush home in traffic...SCREAM at E to wake up because we are almost home, promise (and at one point asked MG to lightly pinch him awake!), rush in the house to make dinner, help MG with homework, eat dinner, skip dessert because the whole weekend was spent eating birthday cake!, clean up, brush teeth, read bedtime stories (it's now back to Magic Tree House's Haunted Castle - did I mention we are loving DSA - Dragon Slayer's Academy (thanks Jen!) and they can now speak and understand pig latin?!  Well, I will next time!) , tuck them all in bed... and collapse!  But back to editing....

blog comments powered by Disqus