Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Some of you will find this pretty offensive...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010
but E thinks meat is pretty cool...especially when while he is standing there looking at the "black chicken" the butcher starts flinging in new frozen whole chicken at the display window area -- head and feet attached!  The black chicken are there, but covered up by the new chicken he just flung in.
And to his right...chicken feet.. woo whoo...  even better!

Today was market day... and when I was done with my part (buying veggies, noodles, and tofu), they had their fill.  They look forward to this part... asking me what every part of the meat is called and where it comes from!  (Truth be told, I don't know what half the stuff there is called either so I have to read signs and then look for what "might" be that thing.  We've tried asking the butchers behind the counter before, but they normally are not very interactive, those Asian store butchers!  They want you to know your stuff, ask for it and leave!  Something like ordering a bowl of pho!)  Regardless, they like this part!

I forgot to take photos of the seafood selection!  They love that part even more because there no glass partitions between them and the seafood!  They can actually touch the fish -- but they don't!  I have told them may times... "look but do not touch or you will not come back!"  (Thank goodness they listen to me because they always accompany me to the Asian market - al.ways!  I'd be lost as to what to do with them when I go!)

After the market, we went home for lunch, played a bit, then back to pick up MG from school.  On the way home, they always somehow convince me to stop at the library -- even though we have a ton of books checked out already!  The library is another favorite place to go.  We visit a few different ones.  This is the Vineland Branch Library.  I like their children's reading area.  It always seems so comfortable -- especially if you sit by the bay window... I could have easily taken a nap there!  Luckily, they chose to sit at some random spot by a chair on the floor!
She's reading Abiyoyo Returns.  Do you know the original story?  They love it!
He's looking at Sponge Bob books today... a character I do not care for.  Oh well!
E loves Olivia.  I do too.  She's something else, that pig!  Reminds me a bit of E!
Hopefully the library photos made up for those offensive market meat photos!

blog comments powered by Disqus